The Blue Hilya - Luxury Art PrintRegular price $59.95
Traditionally, in Ottoman lands, the hilya was given as a gift to the bride from her family to display in her home for years to come.
Our signature blue hilya luxury art print is a majestic rendition filled with pastel flowers set in gold. Sanctify your space with the description of our beloved Messenger ﷺ. For more information on why the Hilya has been such a strong Islamic tradition, read our Journal post here.
Dimensions: 16" x 24"
Artist: Calligraphy and Illumination by Waqar Ahmed, 2020
Top section: "In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate"
Upper text circular area is surrounded by four disks containing the names of the first four Caliphs to the Prophet Muhammad, i.e., Abu Bakr (upper right), `Umar (upper left), `Uthman (lower right), and `Ali (lower left). Each disk contains the blessing, “May God be pleased with him.”
Upper circular text:
From Ali (may God be pleased with him): when he used to describe the Prophet ﷺ, he said, "He was not excessively tall nor overly short, but was of medium stature among the people. His hair was neither short and curly nor long and thin. He was a strong man, but not stout or fat. His face was entirely white and round, and he had intensely black eyes and long eyelashes. He was big in the shoulders and back. He was not hairy except on his chest, and he had hard hands and feet. When he walked, he pulled himself forward as though he were walking downhill, and when he turned, he turned his whole body. Between his shoulder blades was the seal of prophecy, for he is the Seal of the Prophets."
Middle section: "We only sent you as a mercy for creation" (Qur'an 21:107). This verse, in which God addresses the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, is a fundamental Qur'anic statement about the universal role of the Prophet.
Lower text translation (continues from "upper circular text"):
He was the most generous of men in his heart, the most truthful of them in speech, the mildest of them in temper, and the noblest of them in descent. Anyone who saw him immediately felt awe, and anyone who partook of his knowledge loved him. The one who described him says he has never seen anyone like him, either before or after him. May God bless him and grant him peace. God, bless and grant peace to Muhammad, your servant, your Prophet and your messenger, the illiterate Prophet, and to his family and companions, and grant them peace. Calligraphy by Waqar Ahmed.
Framing: Frame not included. You may have this custom framed, or for easy framing, pick a ready-made frame that's made for art equal or larger than 16" x 24" (such as a frame meant for 18" x 24" art), and have this print custom matted to fit the frame. This print looks lovely with darker mattes!
Here's how our nikahnamas are fulfilled:
1. Complete Your Order
At the time of ordering, you must fill out your preferred language, your nikah details (names, dates, location), as well as your signature line preferences.
You may view our current text options here. If you need to customize your text, please contact us. (Please note: all of our fill-in designs are pre-printed with the 'Nikah 2' text, which cannot be changed.)
All of our Qur'an verses on our site are interchangeable, you can just message us if you'd like a different Qur'an verse!
Many of our contracts allow for personalization. A proof will be sent a few days after you order, with a limit of three rounds of editing to the proof. We do not print any nikahnamas until the proof is approved.
Shipping can take 1-6 weeks depending on the nikahnama design you choose, your location, and whether you choose to exepdite your order. Please view our shipping page for more details. If interested in a rush delivery, please contact us, and we may be able to accommodate for an additional cost.
That's it! Once you receive tracking, your nikahnama should be on its way!
Nikahnama Shipping Info
Personalized Order Processing
Below are our shipping and processing times for standard Silsila deliveries. If your order is time sensitive please contact us before placing your order. We can generally ship using overnight express with a small expedite fee.Below are our shipping and processing times for standard Silsila deliveries after proof approval.
|Product||US, Canada||Europe||Rest of the World|
|Ziya, Baiza Fill-In||2 weeks||3 weeks||3 weeks|
|Personalized Orders||2-3 weeks||2-3 weeks||4-8 weeks|
|Gold-Embellished Orders||8 weeks||8 weeks||8 weeks|
Please contact us at email@example.com for specific delivery rates if you'd like an expedited order, please include your location and nikah date. Here are some turnaround times for expedited orders, but please check with us to confirm these turnaround times:
|Product||US, Canada||UK||Rest of the World|
|Ziya, Baiza Fill-In||1-4 days||4 days||1 week|
|Personalized Orders||5 days||2-3 days||1 week|
Now that your nikahnama is here, you’re not going to want to keep it in a mailing tube forever! Here are some tips for caring for your nikahnama on your wedding date, and beyond.
Upon receiving your nikahnama:
- Your nikahnama will likely arrive rolled in a tube, use some large heavy books to flatten it. You don’t want to have to struggle to keep it open while signing it.
- Check spelling errors on the nikahnama, and report them immediately if you see them.
- Decide who will be signing your nikahnama (And tell them to start practicing their signatures!)
- Choose your pen for signing (See our blog post here about what pens are best to use!)
On your nikah day:
- Designate one person who is in charge of transporting the nikahnama and pens, and storing it safely once it’s signed
- Keep an extra sheet of cardstock paper handy for all signatories to practice signing their signature with your pen of choice, to prevent any unwanted hiccups
- Tip: If you choose to keep your nikahnama in a frame on your wedding day, either leave the glass at home or wait to put your nikahnama back under the glass after the ink is dry. The last thing you want to do is smudge the ink.
Displaying your nikahnama at your nikah:
If you’re unable to find a readymade frame for your nikahnama, we usually recommend these two options:
- Find a readymade frame you like that is larger than the size of your nikahnama, and purchase a custom matboard that will fit your nikahnama into the exact size of your chosen frame. Here are some sites where you can purchase an inexpensive custom matboard: FrameItEasy, Matboard And More, Frame Destination, or talk to your local framer!
- The other option is to display it only in its matboard, and wait til after the nikah to have it custom framed.
We definitely recommend using an easel to display your nikahnama at your nikah!
Custom Framing your nikahnama
Custom framing provides a very finished look to your nikahnama, and also helps preserve it by keeping it in a vacuum-sealed, airtight frame. However because the frame is sealed shut, you should only custom frame your nikahnama after it’s been signed.
Here are some of the custom framing options we always recommend:
- Local framers are often the easiest and most hands-on option
- Framebridge is a site that many of our customers love!
- Level Frames
- Simply Framed