[Digital Delivery] The Personal Tughra SealRegular price $99.95
Introducing The Personal Tughra Seal, featuring beautiful custom Arabic calligraphy logos of yours or your loved one's name. Each Personal' Tughra Seal is handwritten by our calligraphers in Indonesia, and delivered to you digitally for use.
This makes for a great gift for newly named babies, esteemed adults, or anyone in between!
The Tughra was known as the official seal of the Ottoman Sultan, which he would use on all official documents in the form of stationary, stamps, and seals. It was also used to decorate government buildings.
Each Tughra takes 1-2 weeks to be delivered, and will be delivered via e-mail as a transparent .png or .svg file. Because each seal is hand-crafted, only one round of proof/edits is allowed for any changes or edits to your seal.
*The photo above is only an illustration of our different styles. Only the Arabic calligraphy will be delivered digitally, in black and white. If you'd like it in a different color combination, please contact us.
Now that your nikahnama is here, you’re not going to want to keep it in a mailing tube forever! Here are some tips for caring for your nikahnama on your wedding date, and beyond.
Upon receiving your nikahnama:
- Your nikahnama will likely arrive rolled in a tube, use some large heavy books to flatten it. You don’t want to have to struggle to keep it open while signing it.
- Check spelling errors on the nikahnama, and report them immediately if you see them.
- Decide who will be signing your nikahnama (And tell them to start practicing their signatures!)
- Choose your pen for signing (See our blog post here about what pens are best to use!)
On your nikah day:
- Designate one person who is in charge of transporting the nikahnama and pens, and storing it safely once it’s signed
- Keep an extra sheet of cardstock paper handy for all signatories to practice signing their signature with your pen of choice, to prevent any unwanted hiccups
- Tip: If you choose to keep your nikahnama in a frame on your wedding day, either leave the glass at home or wait to put your nikahnama back under the glass after the ink is dry. The last thing you want to do is smudge the ink.
Displaying your nikahnama at your nikah:
If you’re unable to find a readymade frame for your nikahnama, we usually recommend these two options:
- Find a readymade frame you like that is larger than the size of your nikahnama, and purchase a custom matboard that will fit your nikahnama into the exact size of your chosen frame. Here are some sites where you can purchase an inexpensive custom matboard: FrameItEasy, Matboard And More, Frame Destination, or talk to your local framer!
- The other option is to display it only in its matboard, and wait til after the nikah to have it custom framed.
We definitely recommend using an easel to display your nikahnama at your nikah!
Custom Framing your nikahnama
Custom framing provides a very finished look to your nikahnama, and also helps preserve it by keeping it in a vacuum-sealed, airtight frame. However because the frame is sealed shut, you should only custom frame your nikahnama after it’s been signed.
Here are some of the custom framing options we always recommend:
- Local framers are often the easiest and most hands-on option
- Framebridge is a site that many of our customers love!
- Level Frames
- Simply Framed