Ayatul Kursi - Art PrintRegular price $59.95
An illuminated print of the Ayatul Kursi (Throne Verse).
Dimensions: 16" x 21" (Fits best with standard 16" x 20" frames that allow for cropping)
Now that your nikahnama is here, you’re not going to want to keep it in a mailing tube forever! Here are some tips for caring for your nikahnama on your wedding date, and beyond.
Upon receiving your nikahnama:
- Your nikahnama will likely arrive rolled in a tube, use some large heavy books to flatten it. You don’t want to have to struggle to keep it open while signing it.
- Check spelling errors on the nikahnama, and report them immediately if you see them.
- Decide who will be signing your nikahnama (And tell them to start practicing their signatures!)
- Choose your pen for signing (See our blog post here about what pens are best to use!)
On your nikah day:
- Designate one person who is in charge of transporting the nikahnama and pens, and storing it safely once it’s signed
- Keep an extra sheet of cardstock paper handy for all signatories to practice signing their signature with your pen of choice, to prevent any unwanted hiccups
- Tip: If you choose to keep your nikahnama in a frame on your wedding day, either leave the glass at home or wait to put your nikahnama back under the glass after the ink is dry. The last thing you want to do is smudge the ink.
Displaying your nikahnama at your nikah:
If you’re unable to find a readymade frame for your nikahnama, we usually recommend these two options:
- Find a readymade frame you like that is larger than the size of your nikahnama, and purchase a custom matboard that will fit your nikahnama into the exact size of your chosen frame. Here are some sites where you can purchase an inexpensive custom matboard: FrameItEasy, Matboard And More, Frame Destination, or talk to your local framer!
- The other option is to display it only in its matboard, and wait til after the nikah to have it custom framed.
We definitely recommend using an easel to display your nikahnama at your nikah!
Custom Framing your nikahnama
Custom framing provides a very finished look to your nikahnama, and also helps preserve it by keeping it in a vacuum-sealed, airtight frame. However because the frame is sealed shut, you should only custom frame your nikahnama after it’s been signed.
Here are some of the custom framing options we always recommend:
- Local framers are often the easiest and most hands-on option
- Framebridge is a site that many of our customers love!
- Level Frames
- Simply Framed